Director of BizOps
SailPlan is a cutting-edge technology company that is dedicated to transforming the future of maritime transportation. Founded in 2019, the company is on a mission to make shipping more sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint and ensuring that it becomes NetZero. SailPlan offers a range of innovative solutions and services that enable its clients to optimize their operations and reduce their environmental impact.
SailPlan works with some of the most important names in the shipping industry to deliver a cleaner future for the world. SailPlan’s team comprises of experts with a diverse range of skills and experience, including naval architects, data scientists, and software engineers. The company’s collaborative and dynamic work culture fosters innovation and creativity, allowing the team to develop cutting-edge solutions that drive the industry forward. By combining state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to sustainability, SailPlan is leading the way towards a greener and more efficient maritime industry.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- You are the glue that creates a seamless experience between people, processes, and technology.
- Define, implement and revise operational roles and responsibilities within SailPlan to delivery emissions monitoring capabilities to customers at scale
- Establish KPIs for operational performance and monitor progress against KPIs
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Implement policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations to deliver faster and ensure customer success.
- Development and implement strategic short- and long-term plans to ensure operational efficiency
- Liaise with organization leads make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
Core Requirements and Qualifications
- Professional verbal and written communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- 5+ years of Operational experience
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in operations
- Enjoys the water and being on and around boats
Other information or Special Requirements
This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required.