SailPlan is a cutting-edge technology company that is dedicated to transforming the future of maritime transportation. Founded in 2019, the company is on a mission to make shipping more sustainable by reducing its carbon footprint and ensuring that it becomes NetZero. SailPlan offers a range of innovative solutions and services that enable its clients to optimize their operations and reduce their environmental impact.
SailPlan works with some of the most important names in the shipping industry to deliver a cleaner future for the world. SailPlan’s team comprises of experts with a diverse range of skills and experience, including naval architects, data scientists, and software engineers. The company’s collaborative and dynamic work culture fosters innovation and creativity, allowing the team to develop cutting-edge solutions that drive the industry forward. By combining state-of-the-art technology and a commitment to sustainability, SailPlan is leading the way towards a greener and more efficient maritime industry.
At SailPlan, you will be part of a fast-growing team, will wear many hats and have ownership over building key aspects of our platform. You will work within a collaborative environment to build the next generation of technology for the maritime industry.
If you think you have the right stuff, we are looking for YOU.
Role Description and Responsibilities
- Work with a driven team to produce emissions and engine monitoring systems.
- Deploys to vessels and sites worldwide to provide installation guidance, conduct routine maintenance, and troubleshoot the monitoring systems.
- Assist in the lab with conducting experimentation or evaluation of sensor and monitoring technologies.
- Assist with troubleshooting and commissioning of emissions monitoring systems remotely.
Core Requirements and Qualifications
- Possession of or ability to attain a passport and TWIC card.
- Familiarity with shoreside and maritime safety equipment and usage.
- Experience with electricity, electronics, and electrical safety practices.
- Ability to supervise and work with contractors.
- Able to apply the scientific method to analyze or evaluate equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively within the team and with external contractors.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to interpret and produce electrical diagrams.
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s of Science preferred, or at least Trade school or technical school diploma or certificate. Experience will be taken into consideration in lieu of education.
- 3+ years of maritime or industrial mechanical or electrical experience.
- Maritime experience highly preferred, ideally the candidate holds or has held a license or maritime endorsement.
- Experience with inventory management or maintenance management software.
- Electro-Technical Officer endorsement or Electrical Technician endorsement.
- High Voltage experience and/or endorsements.
- Instrumentation experience.
- Welding experience or licensure.
- Lab technical experimentation experience.
- LabView experience.
- Linux and Python experience.
Other information or Special Requirements
- This is a full time position. US citizen or work permit required.
- You will be required to carry equipment weighing 50 pounds or less periodically.
- You will be required to climb stairs and ladders periodically.